Thursday, April 19, 2012

Throwback Thursday - Gillette Castle


This week, when we were at the Connecticut Science Center, Paul was looking at one of his favorite exhibits about the Connecticut River. It is really cool; you can "navigate" up and down the whole length of the river, from the Fourth Connecticut Lake in New Hampshire where it starts, to where it empties out into Long Island Sound. It gives you pictures, history, and facts along the way.







When he came to Gillette Castle in East Haddam, Ct, it reminded me of the time in 1965 that I went there with my grandmother, my Aunt Dot, and my friend Doris. I was almost 15.




In this picture, my aunt told me to smile so that she could get a picture of my new braces.



We didn't do things like this too often. I'm so glad I have Dot's pictures, even though I remember getting tired of her taking so many.

No comments: