Thursday, April 12, 2012

Throwback Thursday - Crestview Country Club


Recently I found out that Crestview Country Club has been sold. We took a ride by it yesterday so that I could take some pictures.

Both Kristen and Mark worked at Crestview. Kristen started there in 1989 when she was a junior in high school. A friend of hers worked in the office and told Kristen that they needed part time help. She worked there after school, Saturdays and summers. She also worked during college breaks and summers. Her last two years there she worked for the golf pro, Fran Kringle, with whom I went to high school. Small world!

Mark had several friends who worked there. Kristen knew the maitre D and talked to him about hiring her brother. Mark worked there in 1991 and 1992 during his junior and senior year as a bus boy and then as a waiter.

I hadn't driven up that long driveway in years. I can't tell you how many times Paul and I made that drive to either drop off or pick up one or the other. It was a good part time job for both of them.





I hadn't realized though, until today, just how beautiful the view is there. Golf courses are usually pretty, but this one is really beautiful.



I hope Crestview continues to do well in their new ownership.

No comments: