Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dyeing eggs


This afternoon Marley, Mason, Janelle and I dyed eggs. Kristen was sick and missed all the fun, LOL!

This was Mason's first time dyeing eggs, I think, at least with me. He really got into it.



He only wanted to paint blue eggs though. Look at those hands!



This year I bought a kit with a golden wash/paint for the eggs. Marley really seemed to like that one. I did too!





It was a pretty messy affair. The kids had a great time though, and the memories of these yearly traditions are well worth the mess!



I think they're beautiful, don't you?



On another note, today is my mother-in-law's birthday. She has been gone for almost 8 years now (June). It doesn't seem possible. She always loved that her birthday was on April Fool's Day. She loved to kid around!

This is her high school graduation picture in 1946.

No comments: