Tuesday, August 17, 2010

229/365 - Covered Bridge



I'm not sure when this picture was taken, probably early 1920's. Actually it is a postcard. It was in my grandmother's photo album. My grandparents lived in Brattleboro, not far from this bridge, when my Aunt Dot was born.

This picture of the same bridge was taken on July 4, 2002. It still looks pretty much the same. I wish I had taken the picture from the same angle, but when I took this picture I didn't even know we had this old picture. I love it when I find things that have survived for so many years.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I am partial to old pictures and covered bridges....love it!

Phil B said...

Just came across this as I look into Brattleboro history (former resident here!) and I just wanted to point out that the pictures show two different bridges. First, there never was a railroad line anywhere near Guilford road. Also, the older one says it's at the West River so there's no way it could be the little Creamery Bridge crossing the little Whetstone Brook. Either way they're both great pictures and I thank you for sharing them. Cheers!