Tuesday, August 24, 2010

236/365 - Letterboxing and sneakers


On my day off today we had two agendas: buy new sneakers for me and go letterboxing. My sneakers are at least 11 years old and I really need new ones - half of the soles are missing. The reason I haven't bought new ones is because I couldn't find any that are comfortable. A few months ago the people in the shoe department of LL Bean in So. Windsor told us of a New Balance store in the same shopping center that has a scanner that shows "hot spots" on your feet. This shows them what type of shoes you need.

So....I thought I would try LL Bean one more time for sneakers and if nothing, try that New Balance store. We decided to look for a letterbox in the same area just for fun.

We did the letterboxing first (in case it started to rain later). Union Pond Park is very close to the LL Bean store in So. Windsor. There were two letterboxes to be found there. We found the first one.





The second one, we think, is missing. We followed the clues, but....no letterbox. We'll e-mail the owner and ask if they know about it.


Then we headed off to the New Balance store. Within fifteen minutes of walking in the store I bought these. I can't believe how comfortable they are....pricey, but comfortable. I couldn't believe it. I have tried on lots of sneakers, and none of them were comfortable until these. I guess they know what they are doing in that store!

1 comment:

Linda L said...

Deb, Both Ralph and I went to that store also. We both got inserts for our shoes. A foot doctor reccommended New Balance for problem feet.