Thursday, August 12, 2010

224/365 - Almost an antique?



Tonight Paul and I went to Burger King for supper after work. I was so surprised to see a public telephone outside. I can't tell you the last time I saw a working public telephone. I decided to take a picture of it, as someday it will be a thing of the past.

On a funny note, when Marley was about 4 1/2, Kristen was taking her to the rest room at Holyoke Mall. Right outside the Ladies room against the wall were about four public telephones. Marley asked her mother what they were. Kris told her they were telephones. Marley said, "Oh, you mean if you forget your phone you can use one of these?" That was almost five years ago. I don't think the phones are still there (or at least they are not working).

1 comment:

Doreen said...

You are right I had someone come in where I worked as they needed to make a call & they did not know where to find a pay phone I let them use the one at work as I have not seen one in a long time I guess there is no money in pay phones with cell phones around. Good picture to have