Monday, August 30, 2010

242/365 - Christmas Card from the 1930's

On Sunday when we were in Woburn, Janelle's mother Stacia and I got talking about old pictures. She showed me a Christmas card that her grandmother had made. She posed her children (Stacia's father and her aunt) outside in the snow like they were making a snowman and took a picture. She would then cut the children out of the picture and glue them on a piece of paper, and draw a winter scene around the pictures of the children!

This is the first draft of the card



Then she would somehow have it printed onto a card.



I just think this is so neat. Stacia said her grandmother sent different cards like this out for years. Stacia is so lucky to still have several of these cards that have been saved over the years.

2 comments:

Linda L said...

WOW...That card is awesome. I bet she would have LOVED scrapbooking !! :0)

Stacia said...

My Grandmother was very talented. She designed the Town Seal for Hampton, NH and it is still used some 80 plus years later. My grandfather was a cabinet maker and he, too, was very talented. My Grandmother died when my Dad was just 12 years old so I never knew her. Thanks for posting these pictures.