Thursday, September 15, 2011

Marley's 5th grade open house with Mason



I can't believe that Marley is in 5th grade and this is her last year at Coburn School. Tonight was open house; Paul and I brought Mason and met Kris and Marley there. Mason was so excited about going to Marley's school, and Marley seemed pretty excited to have him there. First we went to the cafeteria where they were having a book fare and they each picked out a book. Then we went up to the third floor to Marley's class. We looked around her class.






Mason sat at Marley's desk.






We saw her locker in the hall and projects that they had worked on including an earth (made from paper mache) that was hanging outside her class.



(Marley's is the top one)










The teacher had a little talk to all the parents (I think Paul and I were the only grandparents). Her teacher seems really nice. She even agreed to pose for a picture.




After that we went to McDonald's and had ice cream. Mason said he wanted ice cream but then wouldn't even try it (whoever heard of that?). Then he said he wanted Marley's M&M Flurry, but spit out the M&M's. He is still in a not good eating mode!

It was a weird night with some kind of "front" coming in, rain, wind and cold. What a change!

We then went to Kris and Toby's. Kristen's dining room table was full of "in the process" notebooks. I wish I had taken a picture of it. She has branched out from the little Crayon notebooks that she made for the craft fair. She has all kinds of cereal ones, Lipton Tea (which she is giving Dot for her birthday), Junior Mints, etc. The next time I'm over there I'll take a picture.

All in all a really fun night!


I know you are going to have a great year Marley!

No comments: