Friday, February 17, 2012

Ugly Hugs


Today I planned on making some more "Hugs" to take down to Stacia's on Sunday. Apparently I was not working with a full deck as I really thought I set the oven for 200 degrees. This is what happens when you set it for 300 degrees!

I took the first batch out of the oven and decided to let them "sit" for a few minutes while I finished unwrapping the rest of the hugs. When I tried to put the M&Ms on them, the hugs were hard. I figured that I had let them sit for too long. Back in the oven for another minute or two. Same thing - hard hugs. I had to really push the M&Ms on top of the hugs, which made the melted insides squeeze out. What is going on I wondered? That was when I noticed that the oven was on 300, not 200. Evidently that 100 degrees makes a difference, LOL. It "cooked" the outside of the hugs. So........now I have "ugly hugs" to take to dinner on Sunday!

No comments: