Monday, September 15, 2008

Throwback Thursday - Influential Women



My aunt Esther is here from Delaware visiting my aunt Dot. Paul and I went over to Dot's tonight to visit with them. It got me thinking about the influential women in my life. I have had at least four of them. Two of them are now gone, my grandmother Lucy, and my mother-in-law Priscilla. I have two of them left, my aunt Dot and my aunt "Ettie". It seems no matter how old you get, it's nice to have a mother figure still in your life. They know you and still love you no matter what. Sometimes I feel bad that Ettie lives so far away, but whenever she visits, it's like the years go back. My cousin Lynda and I will still always be the kids, and they will be the adults. There is something comforting about that and I hope it stays that way for a long time.
(Picture taken May, 2005, Greenfield, MA)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and Lyn will always be "the kids". We certainly appreciate the both of you to the "inth" degree! Thank you for your kind words, time has a way of getting us to reminise, especially when we look at pictures.

Thank you and Paul for all that you are doing to make Dot's life better. I am praying for a healing for her. My heart breaks every time it's time to leave. However, it is comforting to know that the both of you are looking after her. May God Bless you for this kindness.