Thursday, September 11, 2008

Weekend with Marley

On September 5th-7th, 2008 Kristen and Toby went away for their annual weekend getaway. Marley came to spend the weekend with us, and what a full weekend it was. After they dropped her off on Friday night we headed over to the Southwick Fireman's Carnival. She had a fun night riding the rides and even met a friend of hers from Junie's daycare. We ended the evening watching the fireworks. They were the best fireworks we had seen in a long time; I think because we were so close to them and there were so many of them. Saturday was Marley's first soccer game. We woke up to rain. It stopped before the game, but Marley said, "I'm not playing soccer today, it's yucky out and I'll get my new cleats all dirty." Eventually she was persuaded that we were going. She has never played soccer before and had only had one practice. She played goalie for the first quarter! She actually made at least two saves. The rest of the game she played forward wing. It was a little painful to watch. Later that afternoon we brought her and her friend Maura to the Springfield Science Museum. Maura had only been there once as a baby. Marley said she would show her around because, "I know this place like the back of my hand." They had fun together there, although Marley wasn't so sure she liked Maura calling us Baba and Grandma. On Sunday she had her second game and things went a little smoother. She had a lot to tell her parents when they came home. It was a fun weekend!










































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those candy apples. Looks like you had a busy weekend, Zane had his first soccer game Saturday but he doesn't have another untill next Saturday.I don't miss that rain and the fact of the cold before soccer ends, it was 90 and sunny,they send them off the field evry 15 minutes for water. I love seeing all the pictures. It is a great way to keep those memories.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb - Just love your hat! You are such a fun person. Marly's a very lucky girl...It would be nice if you had more then 1 to spread the love with......I need to tell you that I have 5 baby bunnies in the front yard. They are soooo cute. I think the mother must be feeding them - I've seen them.. I wish that the mother would move them before a cat or dog finds them. If I had a camera I'd take a picture. Ha

Anonymous said...

GREAT hat Deb, I must say you are getting very brave in your old age...lol It must be like de-ja-vu..(sp?) for you to watch Marley on the Soccer field. I remember going to one of Kristen's games and Marley looks just like her out there.