Monday, November 14, 2011

Old trees and post offices



Today was Paul's second Monday off since my "retirement." I had an eye doctor appointment in the morning, then we had to go to Noble to sign some papers. I had a hard time going there. It really hit me today that I do not work there anymore.

Then we headed off for a ride to Vermont; that always makes me feel better. The picture above is of really old trees on Rt. 112 in Worthington, MA. I love these trees. I don't know what they are, but in every season they are beautiful.

I love this quote -

"A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit."
                                                                        -Elton Trueblood (1900-1994)


We took back roads all the way to Bellows Falls, VT. It was a very relaxing day.

More Post Offices......

Colrain, MA


Grafton, VT


West Townshend, VT


West Wardsboro, VT


I love doing this collection of post offices. They are all so different!

1 comment:

Linda L said...

I heard on the news lately that it is being considered to close some of the small town post offices and just have one larger city one. You will have to find something else to take pictures of if that happens..lol