Friday, November 11, 2011

Springfield Science Museum


Today Paul and I went to the Springfield Museums with Mark, Mason and Marley. It was Veteran's Day and Mark and Marley had no school.

The first time we took Marley to the museum, I took a picture of her inside this Indian tepee. She was 18 months.



Each time we go, I take the same picture. Today, as seen in the top picture above, she is standing in the middle and her hand is coming out the top of the tepee. Yikes, she is getting tall.

The first time Mason went to the museum was last February. He was 20 months. He wouldn't go in the tepee to get his picture taken (he wouldn't go in this year either). But, last time he wasn't afraid of anything. This time, everything was scary. He didn't want to go into the dinosaur room. Marley finally told him to close his eyes and we would go through fast (to get to another part of the museum). Marley used to be afraid of this room and for years I had to lead her through with her eyes closed. The African room was "scary." Even the dioramas at the front of the museum with the stuffed animals was scary at first. By the end of our visit, he was okay with most of them.

It was an interesting day. For something like this, the age difference (10 and 2) is pretty pronounced. We ended up splitting up for a little while, but, all in all Marley enjoyed just showing Mason around because as she says, "I know this place like the back of my hand."

Here are a few pictures....











2 comments:

Eliza J said...

Love the Quadrangle ~ Nice pictures! Makes me want to watch "Night in the Museum" :)

Linda L said...

Deb, I was AMAZED when I looked at the picture of someone standing in front of the door of the museum. I had to look and look at it because at first I thought it was YOU, then I realized it was Marley.