Thursday, January 21, 2010

Throwback Thursday - Dot...



This is a picture of my grandmother with my aunt Dot in the baby carriage in front of the house they lived in in Brattleboro, VT. My grandfather worked for the Western Union there. The year was probably 1925 as my aunt was born in September 1924 and this picture looked like it was taken in the Spring.

My aunt has been battling Alzheimer's for many years now and is just not herself in so many ways but this past Sunday we were sitting in church, and hearing her sing nearly brought me to tears. She used to sing for the Bethany Hour (our church radio broadcast) with Emilio DiLorenzo for years and she had such a nice alto harmony with him. I haven't actually heard her sing in church for awhile but this Sunday her voice was very strong and so much like the old "Dot".

3 comments:

Linda L said...

Awwwwww HOW NICE !!!! She REALLY WAS so much better Sunday. I couldn't help noticing it also.

Linda L said...

HOW CUTE Ma looks !!!!

janice said...

What a great picture to scrap