Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snow squall



What happened to Spring? I know, it's the end of January, but with such mild temperatures and no snow, it was starting to almost feel like that.....until today. Right before I got out of work it starting snowing really hard. As I was walking out the door there was thunder and lightening. I should have known it would be a tricky ride home. We started out through Southwick and ended up turning around on Route 57 as the cars couldn't get up the hill and traffic going down the hill was just about stopped. We headed back towards Westfield, and as we were almost to Noble Hospital (near Zuber's) it was so icy we almost couldn't get down that little hill. We turned into Zuber's, went in and had a bagel and watched as a sander came down the hill. We headed back out through Westfield to Little River Road. There is a spot with a curvy hill - the cars couldn't get up it and were completely stopped. Luckily, a sander came down the middle of the road and we were able to get up the hill. I was never so glad to get home (6:30). As I write now (8:30), it is very windy out and 22 degrees. The ride in to work tomorrow morning should be interesting!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Read my E mail

Liz said...

I have never, ever, ever.....had such a scary ride home. I have thanked God multiple times that I didn't go off the road....ZERO VISIBILITY! Very, very frightening!