Friday, January 29, 2010

Wolf Moon



I had never heard the term "wolf moon." My friend Cindy at work said there was going to be a full moon, a wolf moon tonight. I didn't think too much about it until I saw it. It was beautiful and huge. Later that night as we were coming home, it was so bright that between the snow and the moon it almost looked like daytime.

I guess the term wolf moon dates back to Native Americans. They called the first full moon of the new year a wolf moon, something to do with wolves howling at the moon in the cold of January. If you want to learn more go here.

2 comments:

**MIGNONNE** said...

That is so cool. I hadn't heard the term before. I am going to make a point to go out and look at the moon tonight!

JANICE said...

PLUS IT IS ALSO A TIME WHEN THE
"CRAZY PEOPLE" REAR THEIR UGLY HEADS. ha ha .