Sunday, December 5, 2010

339/365 - The boat is back... (by Paul)



"I recently sold my boat which I had had for 48 years. I got it when I was 12 years old. I was feeling a little sad about getting rid of it but the sadness was lessened by the fact that the boat had a good home. I called the scrap metal dealer that I sold it to and told him if he ever decided to scrap it that I would buy it back. He said that he was definitely going to use it. A little later I called him to tell him that I wanted to drop off some accessories that went with the boat. He rather startled me when he asked me if I wanted to buy the boat back. His plans had changed. I asked him if he was sure, and he said 100% sure. So, he delivered the boat and the oars and the motor today. When I told Debbie it was coming back, she looked at me with disbelief. She had been trying to get rid of all my junk for a long time and the thought of some it coming back was a little too much for her. But after awhile she came around. We are going to use it for outings with the grandchildren when the kayaks would not be practical."





Marley had fun playing in it today. She has quite an imagination. She went on a marine archeology voyage today and had a tug of war with a shark, among other things.




In other news, Mason has been sick since Friday. He has had a fever and cold symptoms. He seemed a little better today so they decided to still come for dinner.



In the evening his fever came back so they gave him some Tylenol.





Once the Tylenol kicked in he perked up, at least enough to give Marley a ride on his "car". I hope he feels better soon!

1 comment:

Linda L. said...

Deb, have they taken him to the doctor? Jordan had some of the same symptoms and ended up having strepp throat. Terry was checked on the same day and had it also.