Monday, December 20, 2010

354/365 - No picture of Mason and Santa

Tonight we met Mark, Janelle and Mason at the mall. Mason has not wanted to sit on Santa's lap this year but when I saw Santa with no one around him, I decided to see if, maybe, we could get a picture, any picture! I held him and walked in where Santa was. He didn't cry. Santa held up his hand and I patted the fur on his arm. "Nice Santa" I said. Mason patted his arm too. So far, so good. I moved in a little closer and was about to bend down near Santa (at this point I didn't even mind being in the picture with him). He started to cry. No picture this year. He did "high-five" him and blew him a kiss on the way out; just no picture. Oh well, maybe next year.



I was reminded of his father who was also a reluctant Santa lap-sitter. This was the first year that Kristen and Mark went to see Santa. It was 1975; Kristen was 3 and Mark was about 15 months. This picture was taken at Baystate West, downtown Springfield, which had the best Santa around, but also the longest wait. After waiting all that time, Mark wanted nothing to do with it. He stayed there just long enough to get a picture. Like father, like son I guess.

No comments: