Sunday, December 11, 2011

Singing Christmas Tree


Tonight Paul, Marley and I went to the Singing Christmas Tree at Bethany.

This is the 37th year of the tree, and every year is different. This production was wonderful, with a lot of drama telling the story of Christ's birth. We have been bringing Marley since 2004.



As is our tradition, we went to Friendly's for sundaes afterwards. Marley had her usual "Build a Snowman" sundae. It was kind of weird in Friendly's tonight. Usually we go on the first night, a Friday night, and there are a lot of people from the tree there. Tonight, no one from church was at Friendly's, maybe because it was the last night and they were all tired, or maybe because it was a school night. It was still fun, but I missed the excitement of everyone coming in from the tree.



Back to the first Friday next year!!

Also......

Paul and I went to a Holiday Cookie Social at The Atrium.



They had homemade Christmas cookies and eggnog. They also had a little concert with a piano player singing Christmas Carols. Dot seemed to enjoy it, although she kept asking me how come I knew about this and she didn't. I just said maybe she was in her room when they announced it! That seemed to satisfy her.



The Atrium really goes all out to try to give their residents as good a life as they are able to enjoy, and I am thankful for that.

No comments: