Friday, December 23, 2011

The start of Marley's Christmas vacation

What a busy day today was. Marley had a half-day of school and I picked her up at 11o'clock. We did some last minute Christmas shopping, and had lunch at the mall.

When Marley came out of school, she had a paper bowl of bread dough that her teacher had given her with instructions on how to bake it. When we came out of the mall, the dough had risen and was leaking out of the bowl. She wanted to bake it when we got home. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but we gave it a try. Now, I have never baked bread before, but I really didn't think it looked quite right. It was supposed to make 4 1 lb loaves. We put it in two loaf pans and still it didn't look like enough. It didn't rise too much when it was baked; not sure why. Marley seemed happy with it and we had it for supper. She said it wasn't quite as good as what they had at school. I'm sure!



After supper we made Reindeer cookies for Santa. Marley did this basically by herself. They were cookies that you just slice and bake. The cookies were supposed to be 1/2 inch thick and I got a ruler out to show her what that looked like. She was so funny. She used the ruler to cut each slice!



We got silly making the cookies and decided this one looked more like a hampster than a reindeer!



In the end the cookies turned out okay, albeit rather big.



In between all this baking she wrapped presents for me. So thankful for that!



We ended the evening watching Elf with the Baba's. Like I said, quite a busy day!

No comments: