Wednesday, November 10, 2010

314/365 - Caroline



This picture was taken in November 2005. A few of my co-workers and I went on a bus trip to New York City. Caroline is the first lady on the right.

Today Caroline lost her battle with cancer. She was diagnosed with it two years and three months ago. She was a very brave lady who had spunk and dignity right up until the end.

If anything, Caroline's death reminds me that life is very fragile and we should always try to make the most of every day. It also reminds me that we should never take our friends, or our family, for granted.

2 comments:

**MIGNONNE** said...

I am sorry for your loss. I hope that you and Caroline's family will find the comfort that that you need during this time. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Cindy said...

Yes, Caroline passed away and left a legacy of courage and determination for us. She was a fighter and sustained her life longer than I would have expected. Always very pleasant with a kind smile. She will be sadly missed and forever loved.

Yes, life is fragile and can be gone in a flash. Relationships tie us together with a great bond. Never take them for granted. Everyone has something to offer and share. When you see the real value, then you can enjoy the blessings. :)