Wednesday, November 24, 2010

328/365 - We're trying something new....



This Thanksgiving we're trying something new. A couple of weeks ago on a Friday night, my father-in-law (Big Baba) came into the kitchen where I was and asked me if he had heard me say that I had to work the day before and the day after Thanksgiving. I said yes, and he said that he had a proposition for me. He had a piece of paper in his hand. He said that Memo's (a breakfast/lunch place that he goes to often) had a flier in the restaurant saying that they were going to be making Thanksgiving dinners for take-out. At first I was resistant, but then the more he talked, the better it sounded. I told him I would think about it. He said it would be his treat. I called Kristen the next day and asked her what she thought about it. She said, "Mom, what is the worst that can happen; it's awful and we hate it and we never do it again. I think you should go for it." Paul was all for it too. That settled it.

I'm a little nervous though.

I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes!

1 comment:

Linda L said...

YOU DESERVE IT DEB !!!! So Glad it worked out well. Next year you should all chip in and it won't cost a lot for any one person.