Thursday, November 25, 2010

329/365 - Thanksgiving Day

Well, the Memo's Thanksgiving dinner was a huge success. We had originally expected 9 people, but my Dad and Marge weren't able to make it; Marge was not feeling well. So we were down to 7 people. Fred had ordered 12 meals so that we would have leftovers.

We had SO MUCH FOOD.



Paul picked it up in the morning. It came in tin foil pans with an instruction sheet for heating it all up.




Marley and Kris hanging out before dinner.




I was still nervous. What if it didn't taste good?

I had nothing to worry about. It was delicious. I think a new tradition has been born today!

I usually take the traditional picture of everyone at the table before dinner - much to the dismay of some (although I think they have gotten used to it and just smile; it's over quicker that way). One year Dot asked me why I take this picture every year, "It's always the same people." she said. It comes in handy, though, for Kris and Toby to remember where they had Thanksgiving as they switch with Toby's parents' every other year.

Anyhow, this year I forgot so I took it after we finished eating. Not as pretty, but I still wanted to take the picture.



Marley and Big Baba had a good time cracking nuts.



The cats got to watch Video Catnip.



I was done with the dishes by 3:30 and then we had dessert.



We were even able to watch a Christmas movie, The Muppet Christmas Carole. It was the most relaxing Thanksgiving that I have had in a long time. Thanks, Big Baba!

I have so much to be thankful for. Each year the holidays change a little; I am trying to learn to enjoy each year for what it is.

1 comment:

Liz said...

That looks wonderful, glad you all enjoyed it....and most important, did you have leftovers to enjoy? Great pictures!