Tuesday, November 16, 2010

320/365 - Old lady pocketbook



I got this pocketbook a few months ago. I like it. It's big enough that I don't need to carry another bag to work and basically anything extra I need can fit into it along with all my regular stuff.

Paul has called it an old lady pocketbook since I got it.

Usually when we leave for work in the morning Paul carries out the two travel coffee mugs. This morning he forgot and I had to carry out my pocketbook, a box of Kleenix (I have a cold), AND the two coffee mugs. When I got into the car, he apologized for forgetting the coffees. He said, "I'm sorry. You had to carry your Kleenix, the coffees and your old lady pocketbook." I just looked at him. Then he said, "It seems to happens to all ladies when they reach a certain age. They all get a big, black pocketbook. It happened to my grandmother, my mother and now you. And no one seems to think anything of it." Yikes. I couldn't even reply!

2 comments:

janice said...

I too have an old lady black pocketbook and I am 10 years older
than you. My grandchildren also like to add thatthe picketbook is ugly too.

Liz said...

I am just ..... speechless....
Old??????